Yes, I am taking a short break as I travel around Japan, China and Hong Kong. Dry your tears toots, there will be an awesome shopping guide when I get back!
But, I will leave you with this. The new homewares range from Kmart. It’s crazy good, and so cheap! I’m super impressed with their offering.
I’m loving the Scandi, bright and poppy style they’ve gone with. I’m sure it will sell out quickly so go and buy your bits ASAP! Take your eyes off the triangle bed spread… thats mine! Oh and the towels… while I’m at it, the Acapulco lounge too.
Feast your eyes on the pics below and start counting your pennies, because that’s all it will cost you…
An artwork brings substance to a room. It adds colour, interest and injects a bit of your own personality into the space. I find it’s easier to choose your artwork earlier on when styling a room; it determines the style and you can pick out pop colours from the artwork.
I always thought owning decent, interesting and large scale artwork was something I would have to save up for years… oh how I was wrong! Below are some cool websites with great art pieces that are interesting, big, colourful and cool. I would suggest just buying the print as most of the stores are based overseas, just pop into Ikea and get a frame… you’ll be saving all those $$$$$$ in no time.
Each website has many, many, many options… I just picked out some of my faves below!
I am in love with matte black tapware! It’s sleek, sexy, unexpected and it pops against all my favourites; encaustic tiles and carrera marble. Want.
If it suits your style, please choose black over chrome! It’s not traditional yes, but it will instantly make your kitchen/laundry/bathroom look more expensive… and the best thing is black taps don’t really cost much more than chrome (they’re in Bunnings and Ikea for goodness sake)! Don’t stop there, do your shower head too!
It’s such a simple and quick change to jazz up your wet area and make it look a million bucks… cliche yes, but also true.
Now feast your eyes on these beautiful pics and prepare to covet.
Mark Tuckey is an iconic Australian homewares and furniture label. Yes, it is a store where you’ll spend a lot of dollars when you are truly an adult…. but my-oh-my is it worth it!
Well lucky for us pretend adults there is good news! We can all have a bit of Mark Tuckey in our homes as soon as July and not spend the money we are attempting to save for a property deposit.
Mark Tuckey is partnering up with Cotton On, yes, you heard me, Cotton On to deliver Australia some affordable and chic homewares. Cotton On sure is taking over the world and what better designer could you choose to launch the new homewares range? The answer is no-one.
Cotton On’s General Manager, Felicity McGhan is excited to introduce the partnership saying “We’re incredibly excited to be partnering with one of the country’s iconic designer brands to create accessories for your home that reflect our honest, relaxed, quintessentially Australian style.” She’s right there.
Mark Tuckey and partner Louella are equally excited by the partnership saying, “We’re excited about the opportunity to design a fun, relaxed and accessible collection with Cotton On that will allow us to introduce the MARK TUCKEY brand to customers and homes throughout Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and South Africa.”
It’s available online from the 3rd of July and in select Cotton On stores from the 8th (let the long wait begin…). Now for the fun part, check out the range below that includes bedding to ceramics, cushions to bean bags and much more!
I’m IN LOVE with the colour palette and mix of natural linens, wools, cottons and timbers. Don’t be un-Australian, buy some Tuckey for you home while you can!
It’s been a week in blogland and in real life for Dave and Simon doing up their apartment for sale. The change is crazy, you must watch the video to see!
This video is full of tips to get your home ready for sale, so I have written a list below that you can mull over and over and over…. Now keep in mind this is the budget list, I’m sure there are many more things you can do to improve you home with lots of money!
1. Take out most personal effects and de-clutter.
2. Paint your walls out a neutral warm white or similar, we used Whitsunday Island by Dulux in the boys apartment.
3. Shampoo your carpets- D.I.Y!
4. Source cheap and modern furniture from Gumtree, Ebay or Ikea to give a cohesive and non-offensive look. This ends up being cheaper than hiring furniture from a property styling company. At the end you can either keep your new purchases or re-sell them to make your money back.
5. Make sure each room is purposefully furnished for what it is e.g. define a dining room for its main purpose, to dine in! In Dave and Simon’s house we moved the desk and bookshelf out of the dining room, got a bigger table and centered it to the room. Now it’s clearly a dining area and it feels more spacious! Always take the less is more approach, it creates the feeling of a big room!
6. When choosing soft furnishings, choose a few neutral colours and stick to that palette throughout the house, varying slightly between each room. It’s good to not go overly masculine or feminine but find a common ground in between. Head to Kmart or Ikea to get some cheap coloured cushions for your beds and couches, as well as a rug or two. Also when making your beds, nothing says “clean bed” as a fresh white quilt cover… you can pick this up for around $30. And while you’re at it, get some fresh white towels for your bathroom too!
7. Finishing touches…. yep you guessed it, flowers and plants. They smell nice, add pops of colour and add life to your apartment. And they just look really good!
And for a cliche happy ending… the boys sold their apartment and are very happy with the result! I mean, you’re laughing if you’re selling anything in Sydney right now…